Dynamic Profile Codes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

El Niño

3 posters

Go down

El Niño Empty El Niño

Post by karenXD Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:45 pm

El Nino To Hamper Philippines Production

According to senior agriculture officials, the Philippines could lose as much as 400,000 MT from its first rice crop this year as an El Niño event reduces rainfall in some provinces.

Imports may jump to a record 3 million tons this year, from 1.78 million MT, if El Niño parched crops or another typhoon hit the country, National Food Authority spokesman Rex Estoperez said in November.

The country had so far secured 2.2 million MT from overseas suppliers for delivery this year, he said Jan. 8. The government advanced purchases after storms slashed production in 2009.

Meanwhile the water level in Angat Dam, which supplies 97 % of water in Metro Manila, has also dropped 5 % to 201.43 meters as of Jan. 13 because of El Niño.

* Sobrang init na T_T seryosong problema na to ng Pilipinas. Natutuyot na lahat ng pananim sa mga lugar particularly sa region 2 dito samen. T_T. Nauubos na rin ung tubig sa mga dam T_T
Sana umulan na T_T
karenXD
karenXD
DPC Whiz

Female
Joined date : 2009-11-23
Cash : 28509

Back to top Go down

El Niño Empty Re: El Niño

Post by ♦Jaja.25♦ Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:33 am

i hope this phenomenon will stop because it causes many destruction.

dams are drying up.

and even if its 9am..etc, the sun is super duper hot which causes skin irritation.

i think the best thing we need to do is to ask forgiveness from God for what we have done to his creation.

maybe that's one of the best solution i think.

♦️jaja.25♦️
♦Jaja.25♦
♦Jaja.25♦
DPC Geek

Female
Joined date : 2010-03-17
Cash : 26516

Back to top Go down

Post by Meliatrix :) Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:07 pm

This way, people will be educated about conserving water.
Meliatrix :)
Meliatrix :)
DPC VIP Member
DPC VIP Member

Female
Joined date : 2009-10-14
Cash : 31541

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down